Friday, July 4, 2008

Hosea 14

I have been real stuck on the Shane & Shane song Hosea. I have always loved this song, but it's one of those that you like all your life and then you get to a point in your life and the words of a song suddenly become your exact prayer.
Pretty much the same with the Bible. We've heard so many of the stories over and over again, but sometime along our journey we will have someone explain it to us in a whole different way and then you feel like an idiot and wonder how you couldn't figure that out......okay, maybe that's just me!

The words of this song that are continually running through my mind are this.

Come, let us return
He has torn us into pieces
He has injured us
Come, let us return
To the Lord

He will heal us.
He will bandage our wounds
In just a short time he'll restore us.
In just a short time he'll restore his church
So we, we might live
We might live in His presence
In his presence

Oh, that we might know the Lord
Oh, that we might know the Lord
Oh, that we might know the Lord

Let us press onto know him
Let us press hard unto him
And as surely as the coming of the Lord
He will respond
He will respond
http://www.shaneandshane.com

I just feel the Lord wrap his arms around me as I listen to this song. No matter the trials we've faced. No matter the injustice that surrounds. HE alone is God and HE alone will have the final word. If I don't find my peace in that fact that what am I doing here?
I am nothing!

No comments: